May 19, 2008 - Lititz, PA- Make the best of the summer, but make it simple, and transform your backyard into a tranquil hideaway for you and your family!
There are a number of ways you can enjoy your backyard during the warm summer months without having to spend too much. Here are just a few suggestions:
10. Beauty – plant an attractive garden with a good mix of flowers that are affordable and simple to take care of such as zinnias, marigolds and cosmos.
9. Fire – purchase an inexpensive fire pit or chiminea to add some glow and warmth to those cool summer evenings. Invite family and friends to gather ‘round!
8. Comfort – shop local yard sales or visit a second hand furniture store to find some comfortable seating. Arrange the outdoor furniture in a circle to create a cozy atmosphere.
7. Sound – set out a couple of speakers to provide the sounds of the season. Search the internet or online auction for inexpensive options.
6. Heat – move your grill from inside to outside. Summerize the grill by making sure you are stocked with all the necessary tools to create delicious dishes. If you don’t have a grill - small, portable types are easy to find this time of year at reasonable prices.
5. Shade – a nice-sized umbrella or portable covering will make everyone more comfortable and come in handy on those hot, sunny days.
4. Light – what could be better than hanging outdoors on summer nights… string some lighting overhead or surround your outdoor retreat with tikki torches for a natural glow.
3. Fare – tapas treats are a trendy and tasty way to dine in your backyard. Tapas is a term used to describe a small variety of appetizers in Spanish cuisine – serve hot or cold.
2. Water – bird baths of all shapes and sizes are available and add a cooling component to any type of backyard sanctuary.
1. Friends – invite your feathered friends by hanging a few bird feeders throughout your backyard. This is a good way to add an element of nature to your experience and will keep you entertained!
A good resource for just about every wild birding need, from feeders to seed, is right at your fingertips. Explore a wide variety of beautiful feeder designs to complement any outdoor environment at Birdfeeders.com, the online home of four industry leading brands.
Perky Pet™ brand feeders focus on quality and high functionality. Birdscapes® brand represents eye-catching feeders, reflecting the hottest trends in the market. Garden Song® is geared towards the beginning hobbyist, and Avant Garden® reflects designs inspired by both new trends and classic traditions from around the world.
Woodstream Corporation is the leader in the wild bird feeder category, offering the broadest and deepest set of quality products in the industry at competitive prices. Logon now!