Squirrels eating from your bird feeders can be frustrating. Let Perky-Pet help you turn the tables on these furry rascals.
One of the biggest pests for any avid bird-watcher is squirrels. Perky-Pet® offers a variety of bird feeders that feature squirrel-fighting features, including weight activated mechanisms and chew-proof materials.
Aside from making squirrel-proof feeders, we also use this blog to speak to the finer points of the Bird-lover vs. Squirrel battle. Be sure to check out these posts:
But you’re probably here because you’re frustrated with the squirrels ransacking your feeders. Maybe they’ve even destroyed one. That means you need help picking the perfect squirrel-proof feeder for your backyard. Why not take a look at a few of our suggestions below!
Feeders with weight-activated releases use the squirrels own weight against them.
- Birdscapes® Squirrel-Be-Gone II ™ Feeder – Looking for a simple feeder that keeps squirrels from sneaking off with your bird seed? Then the Birdscapes® Squirrel-Be-Gone II ™ Feeder is just for you! Featuring a weight-activated blocking bar, the squirrels have no chance of retrieving any birdseed from this feeder. Not only is this feeder effective, but it is aesthetically pleasing, too, coming in a brushed nickel finish and a 12 lb. seed capacity.
- Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone ™ II Home Style Wild Bird Feeder – With this innovative feeder, squirrels don’t stand a chance with raiding the birdseed. Featuring a weight-activated perch bar that closes to prevent squirrels from accessing the seed supply, this feeder offers adjustable springs that can be calibrated by the birdwatcher to accommodate different bird sizes. With a classic home style design and a removable roof peak for easy filling, this feeder is the perfect addition to your backyard!
Feeders made of metal keep a squirrel from chewing through them to the seed inside.
- Perky-Pet 10″ Sunflower and Peanut Feeder — Want to deliver some high-energy food to your feathered friends? This feeder will do just that! Built entirely from metal, the 1.25-lb. capacity feeder is tough to crack and easy to refill. The key to this successful feeder is its simple design — only birds can extract peanut bits from it. Sure, a squirrel can crawl all over it, but it will have a hard time pulling out a snack.
- NO/NO® Designer Double with Perch Ring Wild Bird Feeder — Our NO/NO® brand features a variety of all metal, diamond mesh feeders that keep squirrels frustrated. Sure they can get some seed out of these feeders, but they cannot damage them. These heavy-duty steel feeders have the ultimate access to seed that birds can use easily, but not squirrels. The Designer Double works especially well because it doesn’t have a seed collecting tray that squirrels can take from.
These feeders often use the squirrels own size against them — stopping them from even reaching the food.
- Birdscapes® The Preserve™ Feeder — Another popular feeder, the Preserve features a metal cage that surrounds the feeder and limits seed access to small-sized creatures, so it also works against crows and pigeons as well as squirrels. Featuring an attractive design and a 2 lbs. seed capacity, this is a charmer of a bird feeder.
- Perky-Pet® Fortress™ The Bird Shelter Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder — For some feeders, a little shielding is all you need to keep the squirrels from stealing bird seed. The Bird Shelter features a plastic dome around the feeder, which also keeps wet weather from spoiling your seed. With four feeding ports, an easy-fill lid and a 3.5-lbs. seed capacity, The Bird Shelter brings an attractive alternative to your battle against the squirrels.
With such a variety to choose from, Perky-Pet® offers you the best feeder options to keep away those pesky squirrels! Still not sure which feeder to buy? Check out the Birdfeeders.com website to view our entire line of bird feeding products, or visit our squirrel proof feeder shop to get see more squirrel proof feeders and squirrel-fighting supplies!
The Wild Bird Journal Blog Team's primary goal is to provide you with all the information you need to feed and assist the birds that visit your backyard. If you have a question, don't hesitate to leave a message for us in the comment section. We're always happy to help you and your feathered friends!