Get Prepared For Hummingbird Migration
The time of the year has come. The flowers are beginning to bloom in yards all across the country. As the warmer weather begins to present itself, beloved hummingbirds are also beginning their long trek back to North America. There are a few migration preparation tips to follow in order to welcome back your backyard buddies.
- Get your hummingbird feeders out of storage, unless you’re lucky enough to keep them up all year long.
- Disassemble your feeder to prepare it for cleaning.
- Clean your Perky-Pet® hummingbird feeder with warm soapy water, make sure to rinse thoroughly, and dry completely. We suggest using the bottle brush available on our website to reach all the nooks and crannies.
- Re-assemble your feeder to prepare for filling.
- Prepare the Perky-Pet® nectar solution or your own.
- Fill the reservoir of your hummingbird feeder until full. We recommend filling your feeder over the sink or outside to avoid spills
- Reassemble your hummingbird feeder and prepare to hang it.
- Hang your feeder in a shaded spot that is protected from large amounts of wind to prevent spillage.
To heighten your birdwatching pleasure, we suggest that you place your feeder near bushes, shrubs, and trumpet shaped flowers that are preferably red or orange in color. Make sure to monitor your nectar level and clean and re-fill the feeder every two to three days to reduce the spread of disease. For a full line of instructional videos, visit our Youtube channel.
If you see any hummingbirds in your yard, submit your sighting on the Perky-Pet® Migration Map! If you haven't seen any hummers yet, be sure to check the map frequently to see where they are!
Birdfeeders.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet®, K-Feeders and NO/NO® wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from birdfeeders.com. Happy Bird Feeding!