Cobalt Blue Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder Kit - Specifications
- Perfect for any bird beginner or enthusiast
What's in the Box:
- (1) Cobalt Blue Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder
- (1) 8 oz Packet of Clear Instant Nectar
- (1) Foam Feeder Cleaning Mop
- (1) Bird Watcher's Digest® All About Hummingbirds Booklet
- 16 oz nectar capacity - feeder
- Clear nectar makes 48 oz
- 32 page book
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.Perky-Pet® Cobalt Blue Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder Kit is rated out of 5 by 2.Rated 1 out of 5 by DaletheWhale from Hummingbirds didn't go to it! I bought this blue feeder and the bigger red feeder the beginning of last summer. I have numerous hummingbirds that come to my feeders. One of my original feeders had plastic parts that finally broke. Instead of fixing the parts I decided to buy 2 new feeders that were bigger and sturdier. I filled the new feeders and the birds came a couple of times and stopped. I changed the syrup because if sat there, still no luck. I thought maybe it was the metal feeding bottom so I replaced the blue feeder with a plastic one that fit. (could not find one for the red feeder). They came back a few times then stopped again? By now I has been trying for about 4 months and decided to just order the parts to my old feeder. I put it up and the hummingbirds set up their pattern again and have been drinking away!!! I have no idea what the problem is? Maybe the blue paint?Date published: 2015-12-30Rated 5 out of 5 by cjamos from Great color Most feeders I've seen are either red or clear. I prefer the glass feeders and like the blue color as it is different than most I've seen.Date published: 2015-08-27
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Click the Perky-Pet® hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean.more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.