Green Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder Kit-Specifications
- Perfect for any bird beginner or enthusiast
What's in the Box:
- (1) Green Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder
- (1) 8 oz Packet of Clear Instant Nectar
- (1) Foam Feeder Cleaning Mop
- (1) Bird Watcher's Digest® All About Hummingbirds Booklet
- 24 oz nectar capacity - feeder
- Clear nectar makes 48 oz
- 32 page book
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.Perky-Pet® Green Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder Kit is rated out of 5 by 21.Rated 5 out of 5 by Aws from Neatest feeder we've ever had...gorgeous, and flying critters found it within minutes... Easy to fill, (boil 1/2 cup sugar in 2 cups water), and made a quick hook from double twister coat hangar wire.Date published: 2016-08-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Ren2016 from Love my humming bird feeder I bought this after I saw a friends. I like be the green bottle and that I can see when it needs to be refilled. It is a beautiful addition to my garden.Date published: 2016-07-31Rated 5 out of 5 by CathyMMM from Really beautiful hummingbird feeder Really beautiful hummingbird feeder. Also very easy to clean, much to my satisfaction. I gave my Mother one like it years ago, and now I have my own to enjoy as much as she enjoys hers.Date published: 2016-06-24Rated 5 out of 5 by Onedingo from Nice Hummingbird Feeder I am really pleased with this hummingbird feeder. This is the second one that I have owned (the first was broken in a big wind storm.) I like that the feeder looks nice and has a natural appearance. Looks great on the shepherd's hook under the tree. The bottle is green glass and it is NOT painted on color that would wear off as many of the other colored glass ones are. The feeding port area and flowers are metal with the bottom being a strong plastic. The flowers are the hint of red on this feeder. This size holds plenty of nectar. I don't need a bigger size because you should clean and replace the nectar every 3-5 days - especially here in AZ with the sun and heat. Easy to fill (just use a spouted measuring cup or funnel), easy to clean (use a bottle brush for the glass bottle) and does not leak! The only slight negative is the hanger hook is a bit small. I have added a round metal ring to it to make it easy slipping it onto a shepherd's hook. We have at least one hummingbird partaking of the nectar regularly (he chases the others away) and he can even sit and rest while drinking.Date published: 2015-09-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Carly from Great wedding shower gift My friends are getting married and recently bought a house- they're gardeners so I thought I'd get them a nice housewarming/wedding gift and this was the perfect touch for their new place! My only issue was the packaging- it was pretty much thrown into a box without any proper protection. Other than that, I'm happy with my purchase.Date published: 2015-07-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Saavyshopper from Lovely Hummingbird Feeder I love the style of this hummingbird feeder! It is so pretty, unlike all those other red plastic ones on the market. I bought the red hummer food too. So far no hummingbirds, but it is pretty cold outside.Date published: 2015-01-08Rated 4 out of 5 by motogrrrrl from Very Pretty This bird feeder is very pretty! I bought it as a gift for my mother and it is a beautiful addition to her garden. It is easy to fill. The manufacturer's website has loads of information on cleaning, placement, etc. I am looking forward to seeing hummingbirds soon!Date published: 2014-04-08Rated 5 out of 5 by MJCC from beautiful I purchased this after I broke my other hummingbird feeder, well this one seems to attract more birds that the old one did. It is great!!!!!Date published: 2013-10-15
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Click the Perky-Pet hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean.more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.