Back to Product Detail
Amazon Review April 21, 2014
Reviewer: Pamela V
This is a lovely hummingbird feeder. It has a copper top and bottom, and a perch for the birds to sit on while they slurp the nectar from little red metal flowers placed on the base. It holds 12 ounces of sugar water nectar and a free sample is provided. There was no leakage when I inverted the unit, which was good news.
I think it's a good deal for the price. I recommend it.
Amazon Review March 29, 2014
We bought 4 feeders as replacements for ones that had corroded over time. These feeders have been the easiest to clean, best looking hummingbird feeders we've had over many years. We have had difficulty finding this brand and style at our local stores, so purchased through on Amazon. Speedy delivery, and, now we have happy birds.
Amazon Review April 23, 2014
Reviewer: C. Klaassen
I picked this feeder up to replace an older unit. I very much appreciate the obvious thought that has been put into this design. I do have a couple of areas of concern, that may prove to be baseless, and these (along with the highlights) are listed below.
What I liked about this feeder:
1. The mouth of the feeder is wide enough to pour the nectar in with ease.
2. Both ends screw off on this feeder, so clean up is a breeze. *
3. The glass tube is thick so this part of the feeder should last for ages.
4. The feeder looks very nice, not overly garish.
5. The bee guards are a great idea.
6. The 12 ounce capacity makes refilling less of a hassle.
1. While the 12 ounce capacity is nice, I am worried that mold will be an issue if the humming birds are not feeding frequently. (I only filled the unit a quarter full and am going to monitor how quickly the nectar goes before increasing the amount I put in - we are early days for humming birds right now.)
2. Rust - these sorts of feeders are always prone to rusting, time will tell if this is an issue with this particular unit.
3. Color - I really do not like overly garish feeders but we all know that humming birds are attracted to flash, this unit is on the elegant side and time will tell if it has enough brightness to attract the birds.
Recommended with above reservations.
*The totally unintentional rhyming ends here - you are welcome.