Perky-Pet® Top Fill Hummingbird Feeder with Free Nectar-Specifications
- Top Fill, wide mouth opening for easy filling & cleaning
- Built-in ant moat in the lid
- Includes free instant nectar packet
- 16 oz nectar capacity
What's in the Box:
- One Perky-Pet® Top Fill Feeder
- One 1.3 oz Instant Nectar Packet
- 16 oz nectar capacity
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.Perky-Pet® Top Fill Hummingbird Feeder with Free Nectar is rated out of 5 by 2.Rated 5 out of 5 by Hummingbird Queen from Prompt Service Love the top fill; it's a lot less messy! Great service from Perky Pet!Date published: 2016-09-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Gary10 from Birds feeding now! We had a different feeder last year. Very seldom did we see any birds using the feeder. So ths year I am trying the Perky-Pet feeder, and wow we are seeing at least 5 birds a day . So this feeder is working real well. Thanks for a easy to refill product, and a feeder that attracts hummingbirds. GaryDate published: 2016-08-22
do not understand how to lift the feeding part, is it the yellow,,, how do i do this the birds come to the feeder and evidently there is no water to be had??To lift the reservoir, put one hand on it, and one hand on the base. Pull both of them at the same time in opposite directions and you should feel it open. It will then be ready for the hummingbirds to drink from.Date published: 2016-11-08
I need instructions to reassemble my feeder. I dismantled it for cleaning and cannot get it together and working!The different sections of the feeder will screw back together. Please contact our consumer care team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for further assistance.Date published: 2016-11-03
What is a bee guard? And why do some feeders have the guards and some do not?Bee guards are built into some model feeders to help prevent bees from gaining access to the nectar. Not all feeders have bee guards as a part of the design.Date published: 2016-10-24
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Click the Perky-Pet® hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Hummingbird Feeders - Expert Tips
Filling Your Feeder:
Here are a few things to review before filling the feeder:
- Check to make sure the base compartments are securely tightened
- Push container into base to close ports to prevent leakage
- Unscrew to cap to fill with nectar
- Screw cap back on securely to form an airtight seal.
- We recommend keeping the feeder in the closed position until you get to the spot where you want to hang it.
- To open nectar reservoir - hold base with one hand and pull up on the container with the other to open ports for feeding. Your feeder is now ready.
Please note: if the cap does not fit securely on to the feeder and you see a gap between the cap and the feeder, the seal may be the issue. Please contact our Consumer Care Department at 1.800.800.1819 or email@example.com to request a new outer ring for you cap.
To replace the outer ring, push firmly on the center of the cap to pop out the middle. Replace with new outer ring.
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean.more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I'm new to Top Fill feeders, are there tips on filling for beginners?
A: Yes, follow the steps below.
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.